What is Waldo?
Waldo.com is the world’s first no-code testing platform that lets anyone create reliable, automated mobile tests without the hassle of scripting. Every company with a mobile app needs to test it - we’re the first to make it fast, easy and reliable, helping mobile teams ship better apps with fewer bugs.
It’s no small challenge being first to market: you have no one to copy and an entire industry to lead. The Sales Engineer will play an important role in enabling this advancement by advising current and prospective customers on how to approach their testing strategy in a way that is faster and more reliable than anything that’s come before it.
We just raised a $15m Series A with Insight Partners, giving you the opportunity to join at an ideal time for rapid growth. As our first Sales Engineer, you will have the opportunity for a de facto lead position and to be a core first-25 builder on a high-performing team. We are based in NY but are a remote-friendly company with teammates across the US and Europe.
- Work closely with prospective, onboarding, and ongoing customers in technical implementation, and utilization
- Ensure the success of customer POCs through effective management of success criteria, planning, and execution
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape, and be able to explain to prospects how Waldo differs and excels
- Prepare sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Partner with Account Executives to uncover prospect’s key pain points and strategize how to paint a powerful picture of Waldo's value based on that discovery
- Partner with Customer Success to ensure a quickly operational onboarding experience, and investigate and recommend improvements to customers' implementation and utilization of Waldo
- Evangelize new and existing products through demos, consultative advice, and working sessions for prospective and existing customers
- Develop technical relationships with customers to build a deep understanding of their team, infrastructure, plans, and problems they are encountering
- Excited by talking to engineers, QAs, product managers, and executives, knowing how to distill technical concepts for our buyers
- Be an internal technical resource that elevates the entire revenue team's technical knowledge through training and tech conversations
- Helping build internal and customer-facing documentation about the product that is scalable
- 3+ years of Sales Engineering, customer-facing DevOps, Technical Account Management, or Solutions Architect experience in a B2B SaaS
- Experience leading onboarding of a technical product
- Some software development experience, and a general understanding of modern mobile app tech stacks
- A firm understanding of enterprise integration methodologies, best practices, and API architecture
- Nice to have: A solid understanding of iOS and Android programming, building apps and/or SDKs
- Love getting hands-on with prospects and customers to solve their issues and requests
- A creative problem solver with a track record of successfully overcoming technical objections
- Equally comfortable with the product and revenue sides of a company
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral, and an ability to communicate complex ideas to any audience
- Strong execution skills and cares about high quality in everything you do
- Are generally curious about technology and enjoy learning the ins and outs of the product you help sell
Benefits & perks
- The opportunity to be a de facto lead of Sales Engineering
- Join an overachieving, talent-dense team, working to build great products that help mobile teams ship faster
- A competitive salary and generous early-stage stock options
- A new office in Brooklyn, NY, with a fully remote option
- Yearly offsites around the world, and several on-sites in NYC
- Unlimited “take it when you need it” PTO policy,
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Subscriptions to Teledoc, OneMedical, HealthAdvocate, KindBody, and ClassPass
More on Waldo