Waldo is the world’s first no-code automated testing platform for mobile apps. Until now, testing has either been tedious and manual, or brittle and reliant on engineers scripting. We’ve invented an entirely new, proprietary approach that does not rely on any scripting (🤫 but under the hood, we've built an equivalent of Git for UIs so we're able to navigate application changes). With this, we can deliver the power of automation with the ease of no-code. It's an exciting challenge having no one to copy - now it's our job to lead:
"I don't know all the details of how Waldo does it, so I hope they can share more about it some day and bring the community forward" Android Tech Lead @Square, reference: https://dev.to/pyricau/waldo-where-s-my-ui-4p53
We are a tech and product-led company that gives its engineers ownership and autonomy in everything they do. We thrive off of a good challenge, always seeing it as an opportunity to innovate, learn, and grow as individuals, a team, and a company.
We are backed by First Round Capital (Uber, Square) and Matrix Partners (Apple, Hubspot), and our customers include some of the world's most well-known apps (Lemonade, Plenty of Fish, AllTrails). If you're curious to try the platform, we have a free version that allows you to record tests on your own app in just a few minutes at Waldo.io.
Backend Engineer mission
- We develop and scale robust backend applications that allow many users to run hundreds of automated tests,
- We are passionate about building proprietary algorithms to solve complex and challenging engineering problems,
- We collaborate with Product and Engineering to drive the implementation and release of major features,
- We design tools and monitoring systems to detect unexpected errors and behaviors.
- 5+ years experience in a backend stack (NodeJS, Scala, Python, etc.),
- Meaningful experience architecting, designing, and implementing highly available, scalable, and performant APIs,
- Comfortable in NodeJS,
- Competency in AWS solutions is appreciated,
- Eager to learn and share knowledge (hackathons, tech blog posts, etc.)
Benefits & perks
- The opportunity to drive impact as a core member of a high-growth startup,
- Join a talent-dense team working to build great products that help mobile teams ship faster,
- A competitive salary and generous early-stage stock options,
- A new office in Brooklyn, NY, with a fully remote option,
- Yearly offsites at places far from home,
- Unlimited PTO, take it whenever you need it,
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Subscription to OneMedical and ClassPass.
More on Waldo