Waldo is the world’s first script-less automated testing platform for mobile apps. Until now, testing has either been tedious and manual, or brittle and reliant on engineers scripting. We’ve invented an entirely new, proprietary approach that does not rely on any scripting (🤫 but under the hood, we’ve built an equivalent of “Git for UIs” so we’re able to navigate application changes). With this, we can finally deliver the power of automation!
“I don’t know all the details of how Waldo does it, so I hope they can share more about it some day and bring the community forward” Android Tech Lead @Square.
We’ve just raised our Series A, giving you the opportunity to join at an ideal time for rapid growth. We are expanding the breadth of our platform and are constantly shipping new and impactful products to bolster our lead in the space. It’s a fun challenge being first to market: we have no one to copy and an entire industry to lead.
We are a tech and product-led company that gives its employees ownership and autonomy in everything they do. We thrive off a good challenge, always seeing it as an opportunity to innovate, learn, and grow as individuals, a team, and a company. Join us in NYC, or remotely from the US and France.
Product Designer Mission
- From discovery to delivery, you will bring your expertise into delivering value that will help our customers ship the best apps.
- Collaborating with the rest of the team to bring clarity to ambiguous problems with relevant customer insights, and consulting quantitative and qualitative data to inform your design decisions.
- Keeping a holistic view of the entire end-to-end user journey, and staying several steps ahead of the users and competitors in identifying and shipping impactful UX improvements.
- Prototyping: You will produce low/high-fidelity prototypes in order to present thoughtful solutions.
- User testing: You’ll organize usability and user testing internally and externally, and report results.
- Interaction and visual design: You will produce high-fidelity designs with strong attention to detail.
- Handoff: You will monitor the quality of the front-end development of these features, and give input and feedback to the tech team.
- Sharing: You will reinforce and evangelize the use and knowledge of design best practices with talks and presentations.
- Processes: You’ll be part of every design ritual: stand-ups, planning, review, and demos.
- As part of our ambition for continuous improvement, you will engage with your peers on a daily basis, work closely with various functions (tech, product, growth), and be coached by your Team Lead (Manou) to grow your skills and talents on the field.
- 5+ years of hands-on user experience design.
- Strong creative mind that seeks to spontaneously suggest new projects & solutions.
- Experience with user research and product discovery techniques.
- Ability to clearly translate concepts through sketching, wireframing, and prototyping.
- Excellent communication skills, a humble attitude, and enjoy sharing & learning from others.
- You embrace change, can take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks.
- Intellectual curiosity, constantly asking "How can we improve?"
- Strong design "craft" skills: You are fluent in building high-definition UI on both desktop and mobile and making your work scalable.
- Deep appreciation for elegant and thoughtful design with an obsession for details.
Benefits & perks
- New York Salaries: $120K-$165K, based on level and generous early-stage stock options
- An opportunity to drive impact as a first the second Product Designer
- Being part of a talent-dense team working to build great products that help mobile teams ship faster
- A new office in Brooklyn, NY, with a fully remote option
- Yearly off-sites around the world, and several on-sites in NYC
- Unlimited PTO, take it when you need it
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Subscription to Teledoc, OneMedical, Kindbody, and ClassPass
More on Waldo