Waldo is the world’s first script-less automated testing platform for mobile apps. Until now, testing has either been tedious and manual, or brittle and reliant on engineers scripting. We’ve invented an entirely new, proprietary approach that does not rely on any scripting (🤫 but under the hood, we’ve built an equivalent of “Git for UIs” so we’re able to navigate application changes). With this, we can finally deliver the power of automation!
“I don’t know all the details of how Waldo does it, so I hope they can share more about it some day and bring the community forward” Android Tech Lead @Square.
We’ve just raised our Series A, giving you the opportunity to join at an ideal time for rapid growth and as a core first-10 engineer. We are expanding the breadth of our platform and are constantly shipping new and impactful products to bolster our lead in the space. It’s a fun challenge being first to market: we have no one to copy and an entire industry to lead.
We are a tech and product-led company that gives its engineers ownership and autonomy in everything they do. We thrive off a good challenge, always seeing it as an opportunity to innovate, learn, and grow as individuals, a team, and a company. Join us in NYC, or remotely from the US and France.
iOS Engineer Mission
- We aim to lead the advancement of script-less automated testing for iOS.
- We design and develop robust and performant low-level interfaces consumed by our backend services in order to expose features that allow thorough testing of customer applications.
- We are passionate about solving complex and challenging engineering problems including reverse engineering and hacking the iOS realm to expose unique features to our customers.
- We collaborate with Product and Engineering to drive the implementation and release of major features.
- We design tools and monitoring systems to detect unexpected errors and behaviors.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with at least 3+ years of iOS engineering (preferably designing and implementing frameworks/libraries/SDKs).
- Meaningful experience architecting, designing, and implementing highly available, scalable, and performant low-level APIs.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with:
- Programming languages: Objective-C, Swift, and C. Some experience with assembly (especially ARM64 or x86_64) is a definite plus.
- Frameworks/libraries (iOS): Foundation, UIKit, and GCD. Some experience with CoreFoundation is a plus.
- Fluent in using Git and Xcode. Experience with Swift Package Manager (SPM) is a plus.
- Eager to learn and share knowledge: hackathons, tech blog posts, open source, etc.
Benefits & perks
- New York Salaries: $140K-$180K, based on level and generous early-stage stock options
- An opportunity to drive impact as a first-10 engineer
- Being part of a talent-dense team working to build great products that help mobile teams ship faster
- A new office in Brooklyn, NY, with a fully remote option
- Yearly off-sites around the world, and several on-sites in NYC
- Unlimited PTO, take it when you need it
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Subscription to Teledoc, OneMedical, Kindbody, and ClassPass
More on Waldo